MissionGeneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
RoleResponsible for the financial management, planning, and financial overview of Geneva Call’s projects and programmes ensuring approved policies, procedures are adhered to with the aim to increase operational efficiencies and effectiveness, provide support to field offices.
Core responsibilitiesFinance management project
- Assists the project and programme financial planning, including development of proposals, budgeting, development and drafting related parts of contracts, and monitoring contractual compliance and progress, all in accordance with Geneva Call’s policies and procedures.
- Assists the operational and financial administration of projects and programmes. Identifies and communicates major funding gaps and recommends best working solutions.Field support
- Support local Finance employees on the GC’s accounting and financial management rules and procedures as well as on donor specific rules and regulations applicable to specific projects.Field expenses
- Verification of field expenses to ensure fully documented and compliant with GC policies and procedures.Daliy financial operations
- Ensures all issued agreements and payments are processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor all program budgets on a monthly basis, analyze costs incurred and variances, inform management of significant variations and warn against overruns/underspending. Ensures adequate cost recovery from restricted funding.
- Prepare or review revenue and expenditure to be entered in the accounting system including any adjustments necessary.
- Monitors and reconciles donor grants and bank accounts as required, and also accounts such as accounts receivables, field advance, donor liabilities in the accounting system.
- Prepares and reviews financial reports to management and donors, ensuring that expenditure is according to approved contractual budgets and that donor requirements are met. Ensures that these reports are of good quality and on time.
- Provide technical support for Operation. Provides liaison among operations, fundraising finance as and when required.Audit
- Assist in project audit or in statutory audit.Navision
- Perform NAV reclasses between the different grants to finalize Donor Grant Reporting.Others
- Performs other ad-hoc tasks upon request of Head of Finance.
Main qualificationsEducation and experience
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting) or professional qualifications such as chartered accountant or management accountant.
- Minimum of two years of financial, project management, and/or accounting experience within an international organization with complex donor requirements or multinational company.Technical skills
- Developed financial Management/accounting skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced IT skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office software. ERP such as Navision experience would also be a strong asset.
- Willingness to conduct international travel and conduct assignments in the field offices.Languages
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- Other languages, especially French, would be an asset.Personal skills
- Able to work with multiple demands.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An interest in Geneva Call’s mission.
Conflict of interestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Finance Controller Assistant
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Geneva, Switzerland
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible
No later than 14 July 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.