Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Participate in the drafting of annual and monthly programme plans, budgets, and project activities monitoring plans in consultation with Programme Coordinator, Finance and Admin Coordinator, and other team members;
- Monitor and report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents;
- Responsible for quality project implementation and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including filing of programme documents and materials;
- Collect and analyse, through regular field missions, information relating to the context, conflict situation, humanitarian needs and potential impact on Geneva Call’s work in project area(s) and relay this to Programme Coordinator.
- Maintains a close work relationship with partner team and in particular its Project Manager;
- Seeks partner’s highest level of engagement and anticipates/reports on shortcomings (activities, administrative, other);
- Plans with partner, anticipates and proposes solutions on the activities, constraints, capacity building.
Communications & External relations
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, engage local and international organizations regularly;
- Assist Programme Coordinator in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders;
- Support Programme Coordinator to produce external communications materials in coordination with Country Director and global/regional Communications team(s);
- Draft speaking points and messages for Geneva Call including country team members;
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- Monitor the security situation vis-à-vis the project, project partners and Geneva Call, preparing risk assessments and suggesting mitigating measures to the management of Geneva Call in South Sudan and following up on incidents as necessary.
Education and experience
- A relevant Master degree;
- Experience in project cycle management;
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization working in conflict areas in the protection field and engagement with armed actors (ANSAs, other armed actors) including in managing teams of at least 2 people;
- Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in conflict and crisis affected countries and emergency contexts.
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results;
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and in conflict?affected settings, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
Langues / Languages:
Qualifications / Personal skills:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with weapon bearers and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Capacity to travel to the field.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the GC Performance Management p. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Project Officer
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%, full-time position
- Work place: Wad-Medani, Sudan
- Preferred start date: as soon as posisble
No later than 25 November, 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.