Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Main objectiveGeneva Call is seeking a reliable Security Guard to handle interior and exterior security through manual observation. The Security Guard will be responsible for using the corporate protocol to greet facility guests, assigning the proper security badge to each visitor, monitoring the interior and exterior of the facility, checking to make sure that certain doors are locked when they are supposed to be, and reporting any suspicious activity to the Security officer. The ideal candidate for this position has a background in security and a professional disposition.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of premises;
- Start and off the office generator and keep a logbook;
- Receiving information from the Security Officer with regard to their planned visitors to facilitate their entrance;
- Reports unusual activities and violations of security instruction;
- Register visitors and keep logbook;
- Protect Organization’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment;
- Checking all office spaces after working hours to ensure that is properly locked;
- Check that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc. are turned off after working hours;
- Other duties and responsibilities asked by the office manage.
Main qualificationEducation and experience
- Graduated from high school (12 class).
- At least 3 years of experience of similar job in INGOs in Afghanistan.Languages
- Ability to write in local languages and/or English.
Conflict of interestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Security Guard
- Type of Contract: Fixed term, National contract
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Kabul, Afghanistan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible
No later than January 25th, 2023.All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.